Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Nov. 19, 2012 Update

Nov. 19, 2012 Update 5 years ago #235

• Ron Inman
After 24 hours of nonstop snow it finally ended. We only got about 5" and I'm very pleased to see it all slid off the roof already. The roof is holding far less than I thought it would before it sheds the snow. The weight of the snow is one of the few dangers which could cause real problems but this looks promising. I'll just have to make sure there's room for it to fall off. The roof is only 7 feet off the ground in the back.

Had a nice walk on the beach. Windy and snowy but fairly warm and invigorating. Found debris from boats and some things from Japan. Wilson found yet another severed deer leg. She's gnawing on it out in the yard right now. She brings dead things home all the time but doesn't attempt to bring them inside anymore. We had a talk about that the first time.

It's days like this that make me wish I listened to what my mother told me when I was just nine.

This week’s winds have blown in a warm front which has brought rain and mists along with the surprisingly warmer air. The snow on the ground has melted completely from the beach and roads. Even in my shaded yard, the snow has melted leavi...

Wilson intent on finding more bones to chew at sunset. (She was successful)

Another beautiful cold but clear day. Went out and did some HDR photography, my first time out here. Portable solar batteries are full charged though my cabin panels don't see the sun anymore. Maybe we'll see it again in March.

TGIF! Am I right? Wait, I don't get weekends. On the positive side, something delicious-looking just fell out of my beard.

Wasted another day hunting the elusive Alaskan mountain manatee. Starting to suspect they don't even exist.

Made some great spaghetti for breakfast today. No sauce just some light flavored salt. I think we mask the flavor sometimes with sauce. I think there's a metaphor about life in there somewhere but I'm not sure. All I know is that spaghetti and coffee make a great breakfast sometimes.

Sometimes I suspect dogs would not be known as Man's Best Friend if they tasted better.

Day 137. Snowed last night and then rain which continues on this morning. Trying to find a reason to get out of bed. No luck yet. I'll need to inspect the house again and find the sources of some odd noises. Probably just debris blowing in the winds. I'd like to use the spare tarp to partially enclose the porch. Could have done that yesterday in the nice weather but I didn't. I may try today in the bad weather. I hate getting up on the roof all together but better get it over with. It's just going to get worse.

Checked the motion sensor camera this morning. I got 900 photos of...trees blowing in the wind. May need to re-position the camera. Snow started up again. Been days. This morning the lawn was free of snow but that may not happen again this year. We'll see.

The days are getting short. In the shadow of the mountain I see about four hours of sunlight now on a good day. Today there was no sun at all and no solar charging. But this isn't so rough. Just another 40 days or so and the days will begin to lengthen. We'll keep getting colder for another three months. Then perhaps some spring weather.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.92 seconds

Terms of Service  |  Privacy Policy                                                            © 2001-2016 Homeschool Learning Network, All Rights Reserved 

We use PayPal as our gateway processor. You do NOT need a PayPal account. Please select the option Pay with Debit or Credit Card to pay by Credit Card.