Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Oct. 1, 2012 Update

Oct. 1, 2012 Update 5 years, 1 month ago #216

• Ron Inman
Clear and sunny day. It's a great chance to use my solar cells. It's been great to use solar and wind power to maintain my work. The technology has come a long way!

Last year's snow just melted off a few days ago and now the mountains are covered again. Each night the cold blanket slips closer to my cabin. 30F and clear this morning and everything is brittle and crunchy outside. It's a marked improvement over the constant rains. It's amazing what a person can grow accustomed to.

Today marks the completion of three months on the island. The cabin is up, food is stored, and I have a warm place to sleep. Many challenges ahead but I feel prepared, confident, and thankful for providential safety and peace. It's interesting to venture into a different world sometimes and I think I like this one

Installing the wood stove today to fight any mold issues. Stove pipe didn't fit so I cut the sheet metal with a chisel and hammer. Then clamped everything back into position. Tomorrow I'll cut a hole in the wall if everything else fits up properly. Some of the items were the wrong size but in the end it should all work out. Still designing a thermally insulated tube to protect the wall.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.47 seconds

Terms of Service  |  Privacy Policy                                                            © 2001-2016 Homeschool Learning Network, All Rights Reserved 

We use PayPal as our gateway processor. You do NOT need a PayPal account. Please select the option Pay with Debit or Credit Card to pay by Credit Card.