Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: ESL Student

ESL Student 5 years, 4 months ago #136

• Annette V
for three weeks this summer I have a 17 year old lad living with me from France.

Part of his stay here is daily lessons.
The lessons we have are easy, too easy. He's not happy.

SO... I'm attempting to come up with some new things and I"m just not sure what to do with him WITHOUT creating a whole lot extra work for myself.

anyone have any ideas of what I could do or use or ??????

Just trying to keep the lad happy.

Re: ESL Student 5 years, 4 months ago #139

• Patricia Inman
Hi Annette,
Has he looked at our Summer Camp challenges? He doesn't have to submit them or anything, but there are some cool, fun but educational lessons in the Summer Camp Challenges... especially science or something.

If he gets any computer time or has his own, you might want to go to the Homeschool Corner, and the Afterschool Games pages. If you look at the last set of games, there are some really educational critical thinking games that are powerful learning tools... for example there are some where you "program" with little robots with functions, or others where you have to complete electical circuits. I can pull some of the best ones out and give you a list if it's something he could do or have access to... or something you might approve of for him!

Take care!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.78 seconds

Terms of Service  |  Privacy Policy                                                            © 2001-2016 Homeschool Learning Network, All Rights Reserved 

We use PayPal as our gateway processor. You do NOT need a PayPal account. Please select the option Pay with Debit or Credit Card to pay by Credit Card.