- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that HLN may link to from HLN resources or articles that are outside of the www.homeschoollearning.com domain.
Information Collection and Use
- HLN collects personally identifiable information when you register for an HLN account, when you enter payment information via our secure servers, when you log in and enter the enrollment environment, and when you participate in any HLN surveys.
- When you enroll with HLN, we ask for your name, email address, snail mail address, birth date, gender, occupation, and personal interests. Once you register with HLN and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us or other members of the subscription service.
- HLN automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, HLN cookie information and the page you requested. This information is kept secure and confidential at all times.
- HLN uses information for three general purposes: to customize your enrollment environment, to fulfill your requests for initial and monthly payments, and to contact you about your HLN enrollment and/or site enhancements.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- HLN will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
- HLN may send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people only when:
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of HLN to provide services to you (such as online payment services). (These companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.);
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; or
- We find that your actions on our web site violate the HLN Terms of Service or any of our usage guidelines for specific services.
Children Under the Age of 13
- Under the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, no web site operator can require, as a condition of participation in an activity, that a child under the age of 13 disclose more information than is reasonably necessary. HLN abides by this requirement.
- HLN will not contact children under 13 about HLN enrollment account information or promotional offers without parental consent.
- When someone under age 13 attempts to log on to HLN, we ask that he or she have a parent or guardian establish an HLN Family Account in order to obtain parental consent.
- HLN may set and access HLN cookies on your computer.
- HLN does not allow other companies to set and access cookies on your computer.
Editing or Deleting Account Information
- HLN gives you the ability to edit your HLN account information and preferences at any time.
- You may cancel your enrollment at any time, however no partial month payments will be reimbursed.
- Your HLN account information is password-protected for your privacy and security.
- In certain areas HLN uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
- All payment transactions are protected with industry-standard SSL-encryption and carry an authentication certificate.
Questions or Suggestions
- If you have questions or suggestions, please use our Contact Us form or Forums.
- HLN is certified with Equifax. If you feel that your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you should contact Equifax, an independent privacy organization.